We are excited to partner with Triathlon New Zealand to bring you the 2017 National Aquathlon Championships at Takapuna Beach on Saturday the 28th of January. The NZ Aquathlon Champs will be part of the Sovereign Takapuna Tri Festival.
Become A National Champion
Every athlete who is a NZ citizen or holds a NZ Permanent Residency status has the opportunity to stand on the podium at this event and qualify for the World Championships.
The race will consist of 1km ocean swim and a 5km beach run.
Thinking about qualifying for the World Champs in Penticton, Canada? Check out Triathlon New Zealand's Age Group Selection page.
- The NZ Aquathlon Champs will be held on Saturday - 28 January 2017 with the race starting at 5pm. This is the day before the Sovereign Tri Series race held at the same location
- PLEASE READ OUR COMPETITOR INFORMATION SHEET for more details!
- Registration @ Takapuna Boating Club (The Strand, Takapuna Beach) prior to the race.
- Race Briefing @ Transition Area
- Race Start: 5.00pm
- Results and Prize giving:
You can enter online through the below link.
- Ages 20 and over as of 31 December 2017 - entry is $45
- Ages 10 to 19 as of 31 December 2017 - entry is $45
- NOTE: Anyone entering the under 20 category is not eligible for a National Title as these were handed out as part of the Future ChampioNZ